Police raid Great Yarmouth home
Police have disrupted a key drug dealing ring in Yarmouth following a dramatic raid at a home in Southtown this morning.As three men remained in custody last night the detective who led the drugs swoop said he hoped the operation would make a dent in the local supply of class A drugs.
Police have disrupted a key drug dealing ring in Yarmouth following a dramatic raid at a home in Southtown this morning.
As three men remain in custody the detective who led the drugs swoop said he hoped the operation would make a dent in the local supply of class A drugs.
Months of intelligence gathering in Operation Wriggle had led police to a home on Anson Road which they suspected was being used as a hub for drugs dealers supplying crack cocaine and heroin.
Det Sgt Nathan Clark led the half-a-dozen officers who smashed their way into the four-bedroomed detached home and detained five people.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects, who were asleep upstairs at the time police raided the home, were led downstairs in handcuffs.
Two were strip searched to make sure they were not concealing drugs.
- 1 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 2 'One in a million' - Bradwell teacher who brought joy to the classroom
- 3 Anger after toilets trashed by youngsters smoking cannabis
- 4 Senior detective's plea to help solve murder of 'lovely lady'
- 5 Further tributes paid to 'larger than life' Gorleston murder victim
- 6 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 7 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 8 Inquest into death of 23-year-old found on beach adjourned again
- 9 Trek the city on the T.rex trail
- 10 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
Police then carried out a fingertip search of the home and quickly found a small amount of herbal cannabis in one of the bedrooms, scattered across the top of a bedside cabinet and inside a plastic tub.
Officers also searched a home in Cobholm.
A drugs dog assisted officers in the search of the property and police seized a quantity of cash, drugs and personal belongings.
Three men were arrested on suspicion of supplying crack cocaine and heroin and were taken to custody at Yarmouth police station and are due to be interviewed this afternoon.
The operation involved officers from tactical teams in Yarmouth and Norwich and members of the Cobholm and Southtown safer neighbourhood team (SNT).
Det Sgt Clark said police had gathered good intelligence from the raid which he hoped would make a dent in the local supply of class A drugs.