Police search for sleepwalking boy
A BOY spotted wondering a Norfolk street wearing nothing but his pyjamas may have been a sleepwalker, police said this morning.Officers received reports of the 11-year-old boy spotted in Bridge Road, Gorleston, at 11.
A BOY spotted wondering a Norfolk street wearing nothing but his pyjamas may have been a sleepwalker, police said this morning.
Officers received reports of the 11-year-old boy spotted in Bridge Road, Gorleston, at 11.25pm last night. He was last seen heading towards Marine Parade at the junction with Masquers Close.
He was wearing distinctive blue and white pyjamas carrying a Union flag motif.
Despite a thorough search using a helicopter and police dogs he could not be found. The coastguard was also alerted to search nearby cliffs.
You may also want to watch:
Police were particularly concerned because of his age and the adverse weather conditions.
However, Insp Bill Daniels said he believed the boy had returned home safely.
- 1 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 5 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 6 Shop to reopen after fire which caused 'significant' damage
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
He said: “We are hopeful it was a young boy who was sleep walking and went home without his parents even realising he was gone.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 4564567.