Police shut down beauty spot rave
POLICE shut down a rave at a Norfolk beauty spot in the early hours of yesterday morning.Three people were arrested and a large amount of sound equipment was seized at the event at Horsey Gap, near Stalham.
POLICE shut down a rave at a Norfolk beauty spot in the early hours of yesterday morning.
Three people were arrested and a large amount of sound equipment was seized at the event at Horsey Gap, near Stalham.
Norfolk police deployed its public order unit after hearing about the rave, which they described as an unlicensed music event, in the early hours of Sunday.
There were more than 40 people there when police arrived at 1.50am but the event was shut down in its early stages. Police were on the scene until about 4am. Two people were arrested for being involved in organising an unlicensed music event and one person was later arrested for having drunk too much.
You may also want to watch:
The National Trust-owned site is an area of outstanding natural beauty and a site of special scientific interest, and has been a venue for raves in the past. One such event in May last year left a trail of destruction, including litter, drug needles and fire damage. The organiser of last May's event, Christopher Farrow, 63, was given an anti-social-behaviour order and until this weekend there had been no more raves at Horsey Gap,
Chief Insp Mike Brown said “This is further demonstration of the absolute determination of the Norfolk Constabulary to intervene at such unlawful events. These events cause distress to many members of the county's rural community.”
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 5 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 8 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
- 9 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 10 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront