Police still investigating fire death
POLICE are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding a fire in Great Yarmouth, which claimed a man's life yesterday morning. A postmortem examination will be carrried out on the deceased man later today.
POLICE are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding a fire in Great Yarmouth, which claimed a man's life yesterday morning.
A postmortem examination will be carrried out on the deceased man later today.
The death is not being treated as suspicious at this stage.
Three fire engines from Yarmouth were called to the flat in Queen's Road just after 7am.
You may also want to watch:
At 10am yesterday the area around the flat, which is one of three in a building by the Camden Tavern, was cordoned off as police forensic officers and fire investigators started to examine the cause of the flat fire.
As well as the three fire crews from Yarmouth, 15 police officers and five detectives were sent to the scene of the fire with several forensic teams also called in after the fire was put out at about 7.50am.
- 1 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 6 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 7 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 8 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 9 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say
- 10 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs