Police still trying to identify man
Police were last night still trying to identify a man who was killed after being struck by a BMW while he was walking on a main Norfolk road. The man was on the A143 near the junction of Church Road and Yarmouth Road at Ellingham, near Bungay, on Friday at about 10.
Police were last night still trying to identify a man who was killed after being struck by a BMW while he was walking on a main Norfolk road.
The man was on the A143 near the junction of Church Road and Yarmouth Road at Ellingham, near Bungay, on Friday at about 10.20pm when he was hit by the car.
The man was walking towards Beccles and the car was travelling in the opposite direction. Police said the female driver of the blue BMW is traumatised but uninjured.
Lawrie Cannard, chairman of Kirby Cane and Ellingham Parish Council, said that local people would be very saddened to hear of the man's death.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “There is no footpath on either side of the road. There is just an area of grass you can walk on. It can be very dangerous because of the speed at which people travel. It is rare to see anybody walking there other than from Yarmouth Road across the A143 into Church Road.”
The dead man is described as 5ft 6ins tall, of slim build, with dark hair. He is believed to have been aged between 20 and 40 years old and has a nine-inch surgical scar on the left side of his lower back. He was dressed in black trousers and a black shirt at the time of the collision.
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 4 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 8 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 9 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 10 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
Norfolk police are appealing to anyone who remembers seeing the man in the area at the time or anyone who may know his identity to call Sgt Andy Spall on 0845 4564567.