Police to host Gorleston quiz and music night
POLICE are inviting quiz and music fans to a charity evening at the Pavilion Theatre in Gorleston on Saturday, February 4.
The evening is being organised by Sgt Pat Jack and Insp Nick Russell, who both work at the new Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre.
It aims to raise funds for the theatre and will feature a quiz hosted by Pat before live music from Nick and his band.
The quiz will be made up of general knowledge, film and TV questions and music clips.
Teams can be of between two and eight people and all are welcome along to take part.
After the quiz is complete the band will take to the stage to play covers from the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple and many more.
The whole event aims to raise cash to help restore the Edwardian theatre, opened in the summer of 1901. The team at the Pavilion are currently attempting to qualify for a Heritage Fund award in order to renovate the building.
- 1 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 2 Rescue hope for iconic hotel declared 'at risk' by national body
- 3 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 4 What the census tells us about Great Yarmouth
- 5 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 6 Renewed bid to bulldoze 'ugly mess' country pub for homes
- 7 Great Yarmouth brain tumour patient to carry Queen's Baton
- 8 Wimbledon wild card Olivia through to second round in ladies doubles
- 9 Great Yarmouth Row focused in arts documentary
- 10 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
The night will be the last one Sgt Jack will organise while he is with the police service as he retires from Norfolk Constabulary in April after a long career which has also included regular fund raising events for charity.
Doors for the quiz and music night open at the theatre at 7pm on Saturday, February 4 and tickets for the event cost �5 per person. Seats can be booked by calling 01493 662832 or you can just turn up on the night.
Further details can be found on the Pavilion Theatre website.