Police to host Gorleston quiz and music night
POLICE are inviting quiz and music fans to a charity evening at the Pavilion Theatre in Gorleston on Saturday, February 4.
The evening is being organised by Sgt Pat Jack and Insp Nick Russell, who both work at the new Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre.
It aims to raise funds for the theatre and will feature a quiz hosted by Pat before live music from Nick and his band.
The quiz will be made up of general knowledge, film and TV questions and music clips.
Teams can be of between two and eight people and all are welcome along to take part.
You may also want to watch:
After the quiz is complete the band will take to the stage to play covers from the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple and many more.
The whole event aims to raise cash to help restore the Edwardian theatre, opened in the summer of 1901. The team at the Pavilion are currently attempting to qualify for a Heritage Fund award in order to renovate the building.
- 1 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 2 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 3 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 4 Knifeman threatened to cut victim's throat if he 'grassed'
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Man throws bottle through house window in confrontation
- 7 'Public' swimming pool could have to shut after mystery complaint
- 8 Missing man found safe and well
- 9 Beds occupied by Covid patients at hospital increases five-fold in a month
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
The night will be the last one Sgt Jack will organise while he is with the police service as he retires from Norfolk Constabulary in April after a long career which has also included regular fund raising events for charity.
Doors for the quiz and music night open at the theatre at 7pm on Saturday, February 4 and tickets for the event cost �5 per person. Seats can be booked by calling 01493 662832 or you can just turn up on the night.
Further details can be found on the Pavilion Theatre website.