Police to tackle parking problems
PARKING in the High Street and anti-social behaviour are just some of the issues being tackled by police in Gorleston. Several issues were highlighted after officers took to the streets and vox-popped shoppers in the town's high street asking what issues police should be prioritising.
PARKING in the High Street and anti-social behaviour are just some of the issues being tackled by police in Gorleston.
Several issues were highlighted after officers took to the streets and vox-popped shoppers in the town's high street asking what issues police should be prioritising.
Several people were filmed by police complaining about parking in the High Street, anti-social behaviour on Trafalgar Road West and criminal damage in the Bells Marsh Road area.
The team's findings were included in its latest Key Individual Network (KIN) meeting and today the officer in charge of the team warned that people breaking parking rules can expect a fine.
You may also want to watch:
Insp Paul McCarthy said: “These are the issues my team will concentrate on over the forthcoming weeks, alongside every day calls.
“These are the issues the local community feels need tackling and to assist us in this, I would urge parents to know where their children are, to ensure they are not causing problems to other residents and for those using the High Street to abide by parking regulations or expect to receive a fix penalty ticket.”
- 1 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Shop to reopen after fire which caused 'significant' damage
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 7 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 8 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 9 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 10 Yarmouth's Sophie McKinna Olympic medal chase starts tomorrow
To contact Gorleston SNT call 0845 456 4567.