Police to tackle parking problems
PARKING in the High Street and anti-social behaviour are just some of the issues being tackled by police in Gorleston. Several issues were highlighted after officers took to the streets and vox-popped shoppers in the town's high street asking what issues police should be prioritising.
PARKING in the High Street and anti-social behaviour are just some of the issues being tackled by police in Gorleston.
Several issues were highlighted after officers took to the streets and vox-popped shoppers in the town's high street asking what issues police should be prioritising.
Several people were filmed by police complaining about parking in the High Street, anti-social behaviour on Trafalgar Road West and criminal damage in the Bells Marsh Road area.
The team's findings were included in its latest Key Individual Network (KIN) meeting and today the officer in charge of the team warned that people breaking parking rules can expect a fine.
You may also want to watch:
Insp Paul McCarthy said: “These are the issues my team will concentrate on over the forthcoming weeks, alongside every day calls.
“These are the issues the local community feels need tackling and to assist us in this, I would urge parents to know where their children are, to ensure they are not causing problems to other residents and for those using the High Street to abide by parking regulations or expect to receive a fix penalty ticket.”
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Covid jab centre receives additional vaccination stocks
- 9 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 10 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
To contact Gorleston SNT call 0845 456 4567.