Four popular holiday destinations people in Great Yarmouth will be heading to this half term
- Credit: Archant
With February half term just around the corner there will be plenty of families using the week to jet off to somewhere exotic to catch some much needed winter sun.
Despite the ongoing uncertainty which surrounds Brexit, store manager at Thomas Cook in Great Yarmouth, Natasha Woodrow, said bookings had been busier than ever.
We’ve taken a look at four of the most popular destinations where people in Great Yarmouth will be heading off to, according to Thomas Cook.
Top of most families wish list, Florida offers holidaymakers year-round sunshine, 825 miles of beaches and fantastic family attractions.
So whether it’s sitting down for breakfast with your favourite cartoon character or achieving a lifelong dream of swimming with dolphins, America’s south coast really is the perfect holiday destination.
Average temperature in February: 16 degrees celsius
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 3 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 4 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 5 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 9 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
Known as the pearl of the Mediterranean, this picturesque resort combines natural beauty and archaeological gems with all the facilities you could ever need.
Antalya holidays offer something for everyone, from the triple arches of Hadrian’s Gate, to fish restaurants around the yacht harbour.
Its sun-drenched beaches are also ideal for those looking for a more relaxing getaway.
Average temperature in February: 11 degrees celsius
Just like the bird they share their name with, the Canaries sing to tourists.
This group of Spanish islands have been a holiday hotspot for years.
There are lots of islands on offer, from Gran Canaria with its famous sand dunes, to Lanzarote with its iconic volcanic landscape.
With such a great variety of choice, you will not find it hard to pick the perfect holiday for you.
Average temperature in February: 17 degrees celsius
One of Egypt’s busiest holiday destinations, Hurghada City is the second biggest town on the Red Sea.
World-renowned for its coral reefs and stunning coastline it is easy to see why this resort is such a firm favourite with soo many Brits.
With a perfect blend of old and new, Hurghada, has a little bit of everything to keep everyone in the family happy.
Average temperature: 17 degrees celsius