Port's first visitor has big impression
This aerial photograph shows a 235m vessel gingerly entering Great Yarmouth's new �50m Outer Harbour.The Zhen Hua 6 docked in to the harbour on Monday and will soon start unloading two cranes to be used in the harbour's container terminal.
This aerial photograph shows a 235m vessel gingerly entering Great Yarmouth's new �50m Outer Harbour.
The Zhen Hua 6 docked in to the harbour on Monday and will soon start unloading two cranes to be used in the harbour's container terminal.
Over the last few months the Zhen Hua has ploughed her way across the waves on its journey from China to Yarmouth - via Hong Kong, South Africa's Cape of Good Hope and the Canary Islands.
A team of specialist engineers will be flown in to install the �7m cranes at the harbour over a two month period.
You may also want to watch:
The harbour is expected to launch its commercial trade in July when larger vessels servicing the offshore industry begin to use it.
- 1 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 2 Land 'on fringe' of popular Norfolk village set for auction
- 3 Great Yarmouth's Portuguese residents' share love for 'second home'
- 4 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area
- 5 Apartment blocks close to seafront set for auction
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Town's dog grooming salon celebrates 20 years in business
- 8 New Sainsbury's plan revealed for Bradwell
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront