Port's first visitor has big impression
This aerial photograph shows a 235m vessel gingerly entering Great Yarmouth's new �50m Outer Harbour.The Zhen Hua 6 docked in to the harbour on Monday and will soon start unloading two cranes to be used in the harbour's container terminal.
This aerial photograph shows a 235m vessel gingerly entering Great Yarmouth's new �50m Outer Harbour.
The Zhen Hua 6 docked in to the harbour on Monday and will soon start unloading two cranes to be used in the harbour's container terminal.
Over the last few months the Zhen Hua has ploughed her way across the waves on its journey from China to Yarmouth - via Hong Kong, South Africa's Cape of Good Hope and the Canary Islands.
A team of specialist engineers will be flown in to install the �7m cranes at the harbour over a two month period.
You may also want to watch:
The harbour is expected to launch its commercial trade in July when larger vessels servicing the offshore industry begin to use it.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 3 Murder detectives shift focus to town gardens
- 4 Great Yarmouth heritage site will house a new exotic restaurant
- 5 Covid in numbers - Jabs, cases, and hospital admissions in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 7 Joe Pasquale and Susan Calman enjoy 'fabulous day out' in Yarmouth
- 8 Drivers face delays after Land Rover crashed into traffic lights
- 9 Popular coastal guest house sells at auction
- 10 Inquest opens into death of Gorleston murder victim