Postal deliveries now faster
People living in Norfolk are benefiting from a quicker and more reliable postal service, new figures reveal.The percentage of first-class letters being delivered on time in the NR postcode area hit 93.
People living in Norfolk are benefiting from a quicker and more reliable postal service, new figures reveal.
The percentage of first-class letters being delivered on time in the NR postcode area hit 93.6pc for the nine months to the end of December last year.
The figures represent a significant improvement on the previous year, when the percentage of on-time deliveries dropped to just 86.3pc, against a target of 91.5pc.
Nationally only 85pc of first-class letters were delivered on time in 2007-08, which Royal Mail bosses blamed on summer strikes by postal workers over pay.
You may also want to watch:
Following a 9pc fall, the firm failed to meet its targets in all postcodes in the east of England, and Royal Mail chiefs were accused of failing customers by an official watchdog.
But the company has reversed the downward trend and is again hitting its targets.
- 1 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
- 2 Riverside road closed after sinkhole opens up
- 3 Mercedes badge or shooting star? Confusion over town's new light display
- 4 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk high school appoints new principal after 'difficult year'
- 7 'Subtly creepy' man, 70, posed as teen to chat to 12-year-old girls
- 8 Eyes down for bingo and bubbly as players toast their return
- 9 Missing man found safe and well in woodland near his home
- 10 Classic car festival cancelled - but will return "bigger and better"