Search

Potter Heigham man's asbestos death

PUBLISHED: 09:42 28 October 2009 | UPDATED: 15:26 03 July 2010

A 76-year-old man died after spending most of his working life exposed to asbestos.

William Henry Mayle, a retired electrician, from Mill Road, Potter Heigham died at the Priscilla Bacon Lodge on October 20.

A 76-year-old man died after spending most of his working life exposed to asbestos.

William Henry Mayle, a retired electrician, from Mill Road, Potter Heigham died at the Priscilla Bacon Lodge on October 20.

An inquest heard yesterday how Mr Mayle was admitted to Priscilla Bacon Lodge on October 19 where his condition “rapidly deteriorated”.

Norfolk coroner William Armstrong said the father-of-two had been employed since the age of 15 by companies in London and most of his life he was exposed to asbestos.

Mr Armstrong said he died peacefully and the cause of death was mesothelioma.

If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury