Potter Heigham man's asbestos death
A 76-year-old man died after spending most of his working life exposed to asbestos.William Henry Mayle, a retired electrician, from Mill Road, Potter Heigham died at the Priscilla Bacon Lodge on October 20.
A 76-year-old man died after spending most of his working life exposed to asbestos.
William Henry Mayle, a retired electrician, from Mill Road, Potter Heigham died at the Priscilla Bacon Lodge on October 20.
An inquest heard yesterday how Mr Mayle was admitted to Priscilla Bacon Lodge on October 19 where his condition “rapidly deteriorated”.
Norfolk coroner William Armstrong said the father-of-two had been employed since the age of 15 by companies in London and most of his life he was exposed to asbestos.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Armstrong said he died peacefully and the cause of death was mesothelioma.
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 4 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 5 Retired teacher took his own life ahead of abuse court case, inquest hears
- 6 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together