Christmas Spectacular at Potters Resort in Hopton proves big internet hit
- Credit: Nigel Pattle
The annual Christmas show at Potters Resort has once again taken the internet by storm, receiving more than 134,000 views in less than 48 hours.
The resort in Hopton shared the nine minute long video which covered the climax of the Potters Theatre Company’s 2017 Christmas Spectacular on Sunday.
Broadcast from a packed Atlas Theatre, the whole show cast of more than 50 performed the classic Christmas carol Oh Holy Night, and then took the chance to wish viewers a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from everyone at the Resort.
It was the latest in a series of hugely successful live videos shared by Potters over the last few years that have all provided a snippet of the talent in the resort’s resident theatre company.
Potters’ Entertainments Director, Nigel Pattle, said: “We’re always so happy to showcase the brilliant productions that are available at Potters throughout the whole year, and to share a part of our special Christmas show at this time of the year is even better.
“We have more than 114,000 Facebook fans, so it’s great to be able to do something for them. All the shares mean that so many people manage to see the performance, and the responses we get to these live videos are always incredible.
“It’s so good that people can see the talent for themselves, especially if they’ve never been to the resort before. Why wouldn’t we want to share our Christmas spirit with as many people as possible?
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 3 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 6 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 7 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 8 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
“We hope the performance of this wonderful carol gave everybody a beautiful festive smile.”
Potters’ Managing Director, John Potter, said: “I never get tired of saying this, but I am so proud of the whole team at the resort and the tremendous job they do for all our wonderful guests. This video is a big thanks for all those people who have shared quality time with us in 2017.”