Unplanned power cut affects dozens of customers in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
More than 75 customers living in Great Yarmouth are currently without electricity due to an unplanned power cut.
Engineers first became aware of the power cut, which is affecting people living in the NR32 5 postcode, at 3.49pm this afternoon.
At 4.04pm UK Power Networks engineers arrived on the scene and began investigating the cause of the power outage.
A statement on the UK Power Network's website said: "We didn't know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
"We're sorry for the disruption this power cut may be causing. If you're worried about elderly or ill neighbours, we can offer help and support to our vulnerable customers during a power cut."
You may also want to watch:
The power is expected to be fully restored to the area sometime between 10.30pm and 11.30pm tonight.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 7 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 8 Myleene Klass reveals heartbreak of miscarriage while on live radio
- 9 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 10 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11