Unplanned power cut affects dozens of customers in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
More than 75 customers living in Great Yarmouth are currently without electricity due to an unplanned power cut.
Engineers first became aware of the power cut, which is affecting people living in the NR32 5 postcode, at 3.49pm this afternoon.
At 4.04pm UK Power Networks engineers arrived on the scene and began investigating the cause of the power outage.
A statement on the UK Power Network's website said: "We didn't know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
"We're sorry for the disruption this power cut may be causing. If you're worried about elderly or ill neighbours, we can offer help and support to our vulnerable customers during a power cut."
You may also want to watch:
The power is expected to be fully restored to the area sometime between 10.30pm and 11.30pm tonight.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 6 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 9 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 10 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears