Air show is a hit on social media
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Great Yarmouth Air Show has proved a big hit on social media with hundreds of positive comments posted on how well it went.
Among the online was one from Jennifer King which said: “We had a great time watching the planes for two days. And although I was dreading traffic chaos and a town in gridlock, it was so well organised that the roads were quieter than a normal weekend! Credit where credits due. A very well organised event, that we definitely enjoyed and look forward to next year!”
Sarah Bird said: “Well done Great Yarmouth, what an amazing event! Looking forward to next year and so happy for the organisers that worked so hard. That hard work definitely paid off.”
Lisa Saunders said: “Loved it, felt proud to be local today.”
Nadia Perrin said: “Absolutely loved the show and look forward to the next one, the security was good and the Police were very friendly and did a great job. Great to see so many people in Yarmouth.
“Only downside for us was that we set off early but every bus that came through Caister was full so ended up having to walk there.”
Georgina Hill said: “The Great was put back into Great Yarmouth this weekend.”
- 1 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 2 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 5 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 6 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 7 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 8 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 9 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
Charlotte Staff said: “Brilliant day today, free bus to Yarmouth and back from Caister, great display, plenty of food and drink outlets, bins and toilets. Didn’t seem to be any congestion on the roads. Winning show all round! Let’s hope it’s the first of many. Great day for our Great Town!”
However there were some comments about the adverse effect on traders with tweets such as “Lot of permanent food stalls unhappy about the number of pop ups because lower on trade than normal”.