Prince Regent in Great Yarmouth has new owners
A POPULAR pub in Great Yarmouth’s busiest street is beginning a fresh lease of life under new husband and wife owners.
Trevor and Alison Smith, landlord and landlady of The Albion pub in Nelson Road Central, have added the Prince Regent to their portfolio.
The takeover has secured the future of the Regent Road tavern, which has spent weeks shut in recent years. And its new owners hope to make it the town’s premier live music venue.
Mrs Smith said: “We will definitely be here for a long time. It’s the busiest street in the town and we want to get it back to being a community pub rather than just seasonal.”
The Prince Regent opened its doors yesterday - after redecoration work finished - and an outside seating area is to be built.
You may also want to watch:
Mr and Mrs Smith, who have run The Albion for nine years, have appointed Brian Howard as manager and will be recruiting four bar staff.
Local cask ales will be on offer in a bid to support the region’s economy and an outside seating area will be built.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 3 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 4 Police close probe into 'terrifying' Armani armed robbery
- 5 Businesses shut by lockdown to get one-off payment of up to £9,000
- 6 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 7 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 75th wedding anniversary for couple who 'love each other to bits'
- 10 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
And the Enterprise Inns pub has a solid entertainment line-up for its launch weekend. Rock ‘n’ roll band The Revolves are playing tonight, with vocal comedian G on stage tomorrow and an Elvis and Neil Diamond tribute act on Sunday.
Pictured are Trevor and Alison Smith, and Brian Howard.
Picture: JAMES BASS