Question time for Gorleston
GORLESTON residents are being encouraged to shape the agenda of the forthcoming Gorleston Area Scrutiny Committee.Residents of the Claydon, St Andrews, Magdalen, and Gorleston wards have until Wednesday, February 24 to submit questions - for debate by the local Gorleston area borough councillors at the March 3 meeting.
GORLESTON residents are being encouraged to shape the agenda of the forthcoming Gorleston Area Scrutiny Committee.
Residents of the Claydon, St Andrews, Magdalen, and Gorleston wards have until Wednesday, February 24 to submit questions - for debate by the local Gorleston area borough councillors at the March 3 meeting.
Committee chairman, Patricia Page, said: “There will be many people locally who discuss issues that are of concern to them with friends, family, or strangers in the pub or on the street, but won't necessarily direct them at the people delivering the services that are affecting them.
“The Gorleston Area Scrutiny Committee provides residents with a forum to seek answers about the public services that are provided in the area.
You may also want to watch:
“We are already set to discuss the future use of the land currently used as public allotments at Church Lane/East Anglian Way and are seeking other issues for discussion.”
The Committee can refer issues to the relevant borough council committees, including the Cabinet for more detailed answers.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 5 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 8 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
- 9 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 10 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
Any member of the public wishing to pose a question to the committee can address it to Christina Webb, Senior Member Services Officer, Great Yarmouth Borough Council, Town Hall, Hall Plain, Great Yarmouth, NR30 2QG.
The Committee meets 6pm in the Cherry Road Communal Room, Cherry Road, Gorleston on Wednesday, March 3.