Quit smoking on shopping list
SMOKERS keen to quit can sign up for a free stop smoking service at their local supermarket.NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's Stop Smoking Team will be based at supermarkets and in public areas throughout the next few weeks.
SMOKERS keen to quit can sign up for a free stop smoking service at their local supermarket.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's Stop Smoking Team will be based at supermarkets and in public areas throughout the next few weeks.
Smokers who are thinking about stopping can talk to the team about quitting and find out more the service.
The face to face sessions information sessions will be taking place in supermarkets and public places over the next few days. The team will be in Asda, Lowestoft on Tuesday Great Yarmouth market place on Wednesday, Asda in Lowestoft on Thursday and Friday until 1pm and the Britten Centre, Lowestoft next Saturday.
The team will also be out and about in the area throughout February.
Vicki Snelgrove, tobacco control commissioning advisor for NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, said: “It's really important for us to be out and about in the community so people can see what we have to offer.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 4 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 5 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 6 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 7 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 8 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 9 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 10 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
“The service is about tailored support for the individual.”