Race ace inspires slimmer
A MOTOR racing champion helped inspire a successful slimmer to fast track her fight against the flab.Jackie Dewing was determined to get into shape before seeing her idol Valentino Rossi in action at the British Motorcycle grand prix.
A MOTOR racing champion helped inspire a successful slimmer to fast track her fight against the flab.
Jackie Dewing was determined to get into shape before seeing her idol Valentino Rossi in action at the British Motorcycle grand prix.
After struggling with her weight for several years Lingwood mum Jackie managed to shed nearly four stone in the space of a few months.
Previous attempts to slim down had stalled after Jackie, 36, put on weight after having three children.
But after joining the Acle Slimming World group, the trained childminder was able to kick start her battle against the bulge.
Previously weighing in at 13st6lb, Jackie now tips the scales at 9st10lb and has shrunk five dress sizes.
- 1 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 2 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 3 Man charged in connection with coastal village burglaries
- 4 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 5 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 6 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 7 Great Yarmouth food bank is coping well as another faces closure
- 8 Events planned to empower and support Great Yarmouth girls
- 9 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town
- 10 People offered chance to have their say on policing in coastal town
She said: “I was determined to have reached my target weight by the time I went to see Valentino Rossi race in the Moto GP at Donington Park.
“He has a great sense of humour and I love the way he is always ready to battle the other riders. I was hoping to meet him there - unfortunately, I did not get close enough, but maybe one day.
“Having a hysterectomy and not being able to do anything for three months really made me want to lose weight. I tried everything to lose weight previously from cabbage diets to counting calories and had to change the habits of a lifetime. It has definitely improved the way I feel about myself and I am determined to stay slim.”
After regularly tucking into high fat foods, Jackie now enjoys a healthy diet with plenty of fruit vegetables and pasta.
She is also reaping the benefits of a more active lifestyle taking up pilates, cycling and horse riding and no longer needs to use an inhaler.
Proud husband Philip is full of admiration for her achievements and daughters Rebecca, 12, and Laura, 15, have been inspired to follow their mum's healthy eating.
“All my family and friends are really pleased for me and the other club members have been so supportive,” said Jackie. “Some relatives came down from Manchester recently, who had not seen me for a few years, didn't recognise me. I feel like I have won the lottery with my weight loss, I never thought I could get slim and maintain it.”
For more information about Acle Slimming World Group call Ruth Sutton on 07780706200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.