Rail delays sparked by stuck lorry
TRAIN passengers in and out of Norwich were hit by delays of up to 40-minutes this morning after a lorry got stuck under a railway bridge.All London services between 7.
TRAIN passengers in and out of Norwich were hit by delays of up to 40-minutes this morning after a lorry got stuck under a railway bridge.
All London services between 7.30am and 8.15am and the .7.37am service to Cambridge were affected by the delays after the 7.18am incident at the Long John Hill bridge, in Norwich.
Peter Meades, spokesman for National Express East Anglia, said services were able to resume from 8.15am once Network Rail engineers had checked the structure of the bridge was safe.
He said that passengers may experience some residual delays as services resume.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Constabulary said there were no injuries and the scene was clear at 8.30am.
- 1 Trek the city on the T.rex trail
- 2 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 3 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 4 'One in a million' - Bradwell teacher who brought joy to the classroom
- 5 Anger after toilets trashed by youngsters smoking cannabis
- 6 Senior detective's plea to help solve murder of 'lovely lady'
- 7 Further tributes paid to 'larger than life' Gorleston murder victim
- 8 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Inquest into death of 23-year-old found on beach adjourned again