Rallying call to relay
THE call has gone out for teams to take part in one of the biggest charity fundraising events in the Great Yarmouth area – the Relay for Life 2011.
The event will take place overnight from 2pm on Saturday, July 23, until 10am the following day, at Caister High School.
Organisers are aiming to add another mammoth fundraising total to the �100,000 they have already raised for Cancer Research UK since 2008. It celebrates the lives of those who have survived cancer, while remembering those who may not have been so fortunate.
The Great Yarmouth Relay for Life is hoping to have 20 teams registering to take part to make it an even bigger event, with a fundraising target of �44,000.
All team members spend the months leading up to the relay raising money through events such as pub quizzes, car boot sales, karaoke nights and variety shows. Anybody can join in, regardless of age or fitness level. Teams work together in relay form, walking through the 20-hour event.
You may also want to watch:
All you need to get started is an enthusiastic team captain. Fundraising starts from team entry until the day of the relay.
l Contact chairman Jayne King on 01493 667769, or email email@example.com for more information. Team captains meet this month.
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed
- 6 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre
- 7 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 8 Decision on controversial four-storey flats pushed back
- 9 Shop owners say don't worry about Christmas supplies
- 10 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing