Read all about it - Kelvin's won
A STUDENT with learning diffi-culties has earned an award for his efforts throughout the school year.Kelvin Nixon, 17, received the Pupil of the Year prize from the National Federation of Newsagents after being nominated by his colleagues at John Grant School, Caister.
A STUDENT with learning diffi-culties has earned an award for his efforts throughout the school year.
Kelvin Nixon, 17, received the Pupil of the Year prize from the National Federation of Newsagents after being nominated by his colleagues at John Grant School, Caister.
School head Gerald Hampson said Kelvin was chosen by the school council, which had to pick the pupils who had made the biggest contrib-ution to school life through the year. Second place went to Jamie Charlton and third to Oliver Karaosman.
Yarmouth newsagent Ralph Childs presented the annual award to Kelvin as the federation supports the school.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hampson said the winner was recognised for the help he provided around the special needs school, which included helping the lower school organise sports events and helping out with the further education unit. He said: “I was absolutely delighted for Kelvin, and I know the other pupils who weren't winners and their parents were also happy for him.”
Mr Childs said the federation was one of the largest employers of young people in the country, many of whom were paperboy and girls, and one of its core values was supporting youngsters and encouraging them to make the best of themselves.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Covid jab centre receives additional vaccination stocks
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
He said: “It was a very moving afternoon and a real privilege for us to be able to show our appreciation for all the work the youngsters