Reader Letter: I wish new Great Yarmouth mayor all the best for coming year
- Credit: Archant
Another civic year is coming to an end, and I would like to congratulate Malcolm and Donna Bird for the way they carried out their duties as Mayor and Mayoress over the past 12 months.
They looked and acted the part to represent the borough in a very demanding role.
With strong rumours about the town that people within the town hall are saying that the position of Mayor should be abolished as it is outdated should look at the success of Cllr Bird has had.
Those people who do not wish to have a Mayor have no place in the town, as the position is part of the history of Great Yarmouth and it achieves more benefit to the town than it does harm.
I wish Kerry Robinson-Payne all the best for the coming year and enjoy your year, as it an unbelievable experience.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 2 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 3 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast
- 4 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 5 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 6 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 7 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 8 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer