Reader’s letter: I am proud of my business students
- Credit: Archant
I am so proud of my leavers, the Y11 business group who achieved brilliant results in their GCSE. The group achieved 90pc A* to C compared to the national average of 61pc.
We scored 29pc above the national average! I am so proud and delighted for them.
They have worked with me with diligence and enthusiasm all through the two year course and it is very rewarding for them to harvest such results.
It took a lot of strategies and coaxing to get one and all engaged on the course. The enticing strategies ranged from chocolate bars, cinema tickets but also take away meals.
The group has also experienced some young enterprise activities with me and that proved very useful. Some of the pupils who joined the sixth form in September have opted to carry on with business and explore further opportunities. I wish them all every success in their future endeavours
Head of Business, ICT and computing
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 3 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 4 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 5 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 6 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 7 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 9 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 10 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
Lynn Grove Academy