Reader’s letter, June 16 2017 - Bradwell Community stalwart Maurice was a pillar of strength in his village
- Credit: Archant © 2007
It was very sad to hear of the recent loss of community stalwart Maurice Johnson.
I’m sure you will agree people like Maurice are the pillar of strength for the local community. My thoughts and many others are with his family and friends at this moment in time.
I’m sure there are many people in the community that could tell you a good story about Maurice.
I imagine Maurice must have met and said hello to thousands of small children throughout his working life that he helped cross the road safely everyday. He would also have seen most of them growing up from small children into adults.
I’m sure Maurice loved his job, and was well respected throughout the community he served, and was loved by all the children he met on a freezing cold morning and later in the day when it became darker.
So from all of us Maurice a big thank you and a equally a big nationwide thank you for all the lollipop men and women throughout the United Kingdom. We totally respect and are so humbled to have people like yourselves.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 3 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 10 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
Clarence Road, Gorleston