The real-life Calendar girls of Yarmouth strip off for cheeky photo shoot
- Credit: Archant
The real-life calendar girls of Great Yarmouth will strip down to their birthday suit for charity.
Nine women have bared all for a revealing calendar shoot to raise funds for Age Connected and the ACORN Centre.
The real-life calendar girls of Great Yarmouth have stripped down to their birthday suit to encourage wellness for the aging population.
As well as the nude images of the women, each picture will come with tips on the small changes which can be made to develop a healthy lifestyle for aging people.
The calendar will detail the benefits of hobbies such as arts and crafts, knitting and dancing - with each activity accompanied with a cheeky image of one of the nine women.
You may also want to watch:
They will also detail the activities and events which are held at the ACORN Centre on Regent Street in Great Yarmouth.
Each of the 12 pages are filled with beautifully posed nude images of staff members and volunteers.
- 1 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 4 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 5 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 6 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 7 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 8 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 9 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine: who will get it, when and how?
The playful pictures have been skilfully photographed to keep some to the imagination as well as liberate the women involved.
Services Manager Jackie Tierney was the mastermind behind the 2019 calendar and had been meeting with the women months before the shoot.
“The first thing we had to do was find some willing volunteers,” she said.
“We started with 12 but did lose some along the way and ended up with nine brave ladies.”
Each month in the calendar will carry are suitable theme for the time of year and suggest activities for over 50s to get involved in.
“I run a seated exercise class so the picture of me is about the importance of exercise,” she said.
“There are another couple of ladies who run a choir and singing obviously has benefits for dementia,” she added.
According to the ACORN Centre, 20pc of households are over the age of 65 and one in six are older people who are living on their own.
Age Connected and the ACORN centre were established to combat loneliness and to work towards improving the well-being of older people.
Ms Tierney added, “What is important about this is our ages, we’re all 50 to 70s and we wanted to show that it’s never to late to get involved”.
The nude calendars have gone of sale at the ACORN Centre will all funds going directly to their work.
Each calendar costs £5.00 and will support those utilising the services at the ACORN Centre.