Record results for college
GORLESTON college students achieved record breaking results in the AS and A2 exams taken in January. Last Thursday over 2,000 results were received by the college including more than 560 grade A passes, a new record for East Norfolk Sixth Form College.
GORLESTON college students achieved record breaking results in the AS and A2 exams taken in January.
Last Thursday over 2,000 results were received by the college including more than 560 grade A passes, a new record for East Norfolk Sixth Form College.
College principal, Laurie Poulson, said: “The January exams are a real test for many students as they come early in the academic year and represent a huge step up for first year students who took GCSE exams last summer. For many students they represent a wake-up call to encourage them to take their preparation for the summer exams even more seriously. For many others, the results are a just reward for all the hard work they put in during the first term of the year.”
Forty-seven students secured 100pc score in their exam, also a new record spread out over 12 subjects.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Poulson added: “The real test will come in the summer when all subjects take exams, but this is a pleasing milestone for most students on the way to the summer results.”
- 1 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 5 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 6 Shop to reopen after fire which caused 'significant' damage
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears