Reece in N-Dubz and Tinchy Strider video
A Horsey teenager is appearing in a major music video set to spark a summer dance craze.Reece Darton, 14, a student at Flegg High School, is one of just 20 youngsters from outside London chosen to star in the Bring it Back video filmed on Monday in the capital.
A Horsey teenager is appearing in a major music video set to spark a summer dance craze.
Reece Darton, 14, a student at Flegg High School, is one of just 20 youngsters from outside London chosen to star in the Bring it Back video filmed on Monday in the capital.
The filming of the video for the dance track, featuring chart-toppers N-Dubz and Tinchy Stryder, marks the start of Shine Week 2009, a celebration of talent in young people.
The hand-picked youngsters joined professional dancers in a roof-top street dance on London's South Bank.
You may also want to watch:
Reece, who has dyslexia and finds it difficult to engage with mainstream education, owes his place in the spotlight to his mother, Donna, a youth worker with Suffolk County Council, contacted the organisers because of her son's love for song and dance.
She said: “When I see him in the video I'll be so proud of him - and I want him to be proud of himself and believe that he can succeed and achieve anything he wants.”
- 1 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 2 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 6 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 10 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
Reece is part of a bid to bring back classic “old skool” 80s and 90s street dances like the Robot, the Running Man and the Butterfly.
Thousands of youngsters from across Norfolk were taking part in Shine Week celebrations this week.