Reece in N-Dubz and Tinchy Strider video
A Horsey teenager is appearing in a major music video set to spark a summer dance craze.Reece Darton, 14, a student at Flegg High School, is one of just 20 youngsters from outside London chosen to star in the Bring it Back video filmed on Monday in the capital.
A Horsey teenager is appearing in a major music video set to spark a summer dance craze.
Reece Darton, 14, a student at Flegg High School, is one of just 20 youngsters from outside London chosen to star in the Bring it Back video filmed on Monday in the capital.
The filming of the video for the dance track, featuring chart-toppers N-Dubz and Tinchy Stryder, marks the start of Shine Week 2009, a celebration of talent in young people.
The hand-picked youngsters joined professional dancers in a roof-top street dance on London's South Bank.
You may also want to watch:
Reece, who has dyslexia and finds it difficult to engage with mainstream education, owes his place in the spotlight to his mother, Donna, a youth worker with Suffolk County Council, contacted the organisers because of her son's love for song and dance.
She said: “When I see him in the video I'll be so proud of him - and I want him to be proud of himself and believe that he can succeed and achieve anything he wants.”
- 1 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
- 2 'It's been emotional' - New restaurant to finally welcome indoor diners
- 3 Pile of fly-tipped rubbish (including a car) finally cleared away
- 4 A bad day to launch resort's open-topped bus
- 5 Village bids for 'summer evening vibe' with launch of outdoor market
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 8 How did Norfolk man end up buried in Iceland?
- 9 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 10 Coastal holiday parks getting £3m investment
Reece is part of a bid to bring back classic “old skool” 80s and 90s street dances like the Robot, the Running Man and the Butterfly.
Thousands of youngsters from across Norfolk were taking part in Shine Week celebrations this week.