Reunion for shipyard workers
FORMER Great Yarmouth shipyard workers are being called on to attend a reunion for Richards Shipbuilders, formerly of Lowestoft.The reunion is at the Orbis Energy Centre, Lowestoft, at 6.
FORMER Great Yarmouth shipyard workers are being called on to attend a reunion for Richards Shipbuilders, formerly of Lowestoft.
The reunion is at the Orbis Energy Centre, Lowestoft, at 6.30pm on Friday, November 13.
It will feature memorabilia and a film presentation concerning Richards Shipbuilders, including previously unseen footage of the launch of the Caledonian Isles.
Organiser David Dyer said: “I hope that employees of the Great Yarmouth yard past and present will come along and that of Harvey, Wilson and Osbourne that used to be alongside Richards Iron Works, until they finally joined forces, and of course Fellows, of Great Yarmouth, that had a similar outcome all coming under the name of Richards to become a formidable player in the shipbuilding industry.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �10, including refreshments, with proceeds going to the Lowestoft Maritime Heritage Fund. For a ticket send a cheque made payable to the Lowestoft Maritime Heritage Fund with a stamped self-addressed envelope to David Dyer, c/o Richards Dry Dock, Southtown Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 0JJ, by Friday, November 6.
For more details call 01502 589050 or email email@example.com
- 1 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
- 2 Pile of fly-tipped rubbish (including a car) finally cleared away
- 3 Village bids for 'summer evening vibe' with launch of outdoor market
- 4 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 5 Popular tea room to reopen on the Broads
- 6 How did Norfolk man end up buried in Iceland?
- 7 Coastal holiday parks getting £3m investment
- 8 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 9 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 10 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend