Reunion for shipyard workers
FORMER Great Yarmouth shipyard workers are being called on to attend a reunion for Richards Shipbuilders, formerly of Lowestoft.The reunion is at the Orbis Energy Centre, Lowestoft, at 6.
FORMER Great Yarmouth shipyard workers are being called on to attend a reunion for Richards Shipbuilders, formerly of Lowestoft.
The reunion is at the Orbis Energy Centre, Lowestoft, at 6.30pm on Friday, November 13.
It will feature memorabilia and a film presentation concerning Richards Shipbuilders, including previously unseen footage of the launch of the Caledonian Isles.
Organiser David Dyer said: “I hope that employees of the Great Yarmouth yard past and present will come along and that of Harvey, Wilson and Osbourne that used to be alongside Richards Iron Works, until they finally joined forces, and of course Fellows, of Great Yarmouth, that had a similar outcome all coming under the name of Richards to become a formidable player in the shipbuilding industry.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �10, including refreshments, with proceeds going to the Lowestoft Maritime Heritage Fund. For a ticket send a cheque made payable to the Lowestoft Maritime Heritage Fund with a stamped self-addressed envelope to David Dyer, c/o Richards Dry Dock, Southtown Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 0JJ, by Friday, November 6.
For more details call 01502 589050 or email email@example.com
- 1 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 2 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 6 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 10 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions