Reunion remembers The Tower nightclub in Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Revellers enjoyed a reminiscent night of 70s entertainment during a reunion party in memory of legendary Great Yarmouth nightclub The Tower.
‘Big’ Tim Lane, one of the club’s two main comperes, hosted the evening at the Cliff Hotel in Gorleston, which featured music from Eve Bridger and Freeway - two original acts who appeared regularly at the Tower.
The other acts on the bill were singers Tim Dalton and Susan Jane, who went down well with the appreciative crowd, who also enjoyed swapping stories and reminiscing about Yarmouth’s golden days of the seventies.
The evening also raised money for the East Coast Friendship Society for the Autistic and Disabled.
Picture: Brian Frederick, Freeway drummer, with Tower manager Bev Chapman.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast
- 2 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 3 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 4 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 5 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 6 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 9 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 10 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer