Rio hopeful Jessica-Jane meets and greets as Belton holds massive fun day event
- Credit: Archant
Paralympian Jessica-Jane Applegate attended the family fun day in Belton as she ready to head off to Rio.
The London 2012 gold medallist was signing autographs and taking pictures with locals as part of the Belton Village Fun Day and Classic Car Show.
As part of her send off there was a competition for children to design the best “Good Luck in Rio” poster, in which the 22 year old judged.
The winner received a gift from Norwich City Football Club with all of the players signatures.
Others bit which will be there are classic cars, petting zoo, donkeys, inflatables, rodeo bull, etc.
It was the second annual fun day which was organised by locals Karen and Phil Welsby.
Mr Welsby said: “We first held it last year and really it was just a trial with some bouncy castles, food, not too much going on.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 5 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 6 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 7 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 8 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
- 9 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
“We had such a big turnout though that we thought we should make a real go of it this year and properly plan it.”
The pair have been planning the event for the majority of the year and were able to attract around 30 historical cars, and there were a number of animals brought including snakes for people to see.
Mr Welsby said: “It was great to see such a huge amount of people come through the doors. I am not too sure at the moment how much money we raised but everyone had a really good time and we will look to build it on it even further for next year.”