Drivers face disruption until middle of December at key coastal roundabout
- Credit: Archant
Drivers face disruption until the middle of December while a housebuilder improves a key roundabout junction serving the northern villages.
Four-way traffic lights are in place at the A149 roundabout at Ormesby/Caister under a ten-week scheme.
A spokesperson for Persimmon Homes Anglia, said: “We are committed to upgrading the infrastructure around our popular Beauchamp Grange development of two, three, four and five bedroom homes in Caister-on-Sea.
“The works include roundabout and junction improvements as well as installing additional street lighting. As agreed with the local authority, the infrastructure works had been postponed due to the increased traffic flow during the summer season.
“It is anticipated the works will take around ten weeks to complete and Persimmon will endeavour to keep disruption to a minimum for local residents.”
You may also want to watch:
One motorist caught up in queues calculated the lights changed after 28 cars on average, taking just over seven minutes to go from red to green.
- 1 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 4 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 5 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 6 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 7 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 8 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 9 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine: who will get it, when and how?