Roll up for Hippodrome spectacular
This is our biggest international Christmas party yet! That was the proud boast that Peter Jay, the owner of Great Yarmouth's Hippodrome, made at a preview of his ninth Christmas Spectacular.
This is our biggest international Christmas party yet!
That was the proud boast that Peter Jay, the owner of Great Yarmouth's Hippodrome, made at a preview of his ninth Christmas Spectacular.
The show, which runs from Saturday until January 3, has a cast of more than 60 and features top-class acts from around the globe. A Brazilian springboard troupe and aerial acrobat Robert Foxhall, who are Hippodrome favourites, have been joined by a Hungarian muscle-bound act and Russian jugglers. Children can laugh at the antics of Alonso the Mexican clown, who returns after a five-year absence. The show also features South African illusionist Ryan Sharp, comic host and Mr Jay's son Jack Jay, and youngsters from Dance Estelle and the Chermond Circus.
It climaxes with swimmers taking part in a graceful display in the Edwardian Hippodrome's 100,000- gallon water tank.
Mr Jay said: “The show just gets bigger every year. It is tough to put together a three-week Christmas show but I am sure this will be the best one yet.
“We have already got record- breaking advance booking numbers which is very pleasing to me when you consider we are in a recession.”
- 1 Hunted winner reveals show secrets in Instagram diary
- 2 Football club fined and chairman suspended over FA breaches
- 3 'Sold as seen' - two-bed house gutted by fire goes on the market
- 4 Quaint Caister cottage fixer-upper goes under the hammer
- 5 Multiple fire crews tackle overnight blaze in Norfolk home
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues woman from Great Yarmouth river
- 7 'Handful' of people kicked out of Norfolk cinema amid Minions TikTok craze
- 8 Plea as ducklings routinely snatched by killer seagulls
- 9 GP wished they could have done more for man found dead at home
- 10 Mural in Great Yarmouth celebrating Queen's jubilee is defaced
To help families beat the credit crunch, ticket prices have been held at the same price as last year's spectacular.
All adults will receive free admission to Santa's Winterland in Mr Jay's nearby Windmill Theatre which costs �2 for children to enter or �5 to see Santa in his grotto.
For information on ticket prices and performance times visit www.hippodromecircus.co.uk or call 01493 844172.