Rollesby post office robbery
THREE suspected armed robbers are being interviewed by police this afternoon after a raid at Rollesby post office.The three men, aged 22, 26 and 29, were arrested on the suspicion of armed robbery after an incident this morning.
THREE suspected armed robbers are being interviewed by police this afternoon after a raid at Rollesby post office.
The three men, aged 22, 26 and 29, were arrested on the suspicion of armed robbery after an incident this morning.
Just before 9.15am, two men wearing balaclavas and armed with what is believed to be sledgehammers, smashed glass and entered the premises.
No one was threatened or injured and there were no customers in the shop in Fleggburgh Road at the time.
You may also want to watch:
The men left with a quantity of cash and made off in a silver car.
The car which is believed to have been used has since been recovered.
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 4 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 8 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 9 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
The three men are now in custody helping police with their enquiries
A 17-year-old boy and a girl, 16, have also been arrested on suspicion perverting the cause of justice.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the incident or to anyone who may have seen any suspicious persons in the area this morning.
Anyone with information should contact Yarmouth CID on 0845 4564567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.