The Princess Royal will be the guest of honour at the official opening of a sports facility for children with special needs in Caister.The ceremony, on February 6, is the culmination of a £750,000 fundraising campaign for the sports hall at John Grant School.
The Princess Royal will be the guest of honour at the official opening of a sports facility for children with special needs in Caister.
The ceremony, on February 6, is the culmination of a £750,000 fundraising campaign for the sports hall at John Grant School.
Pupils started using the sports hall, named after a former chair of governors Trevor Ward, in September.
Head teacher Gerald Hampson said: “We are delighted that the Princess Royal will be opening our new sports hall.
You may also want to watch:
“It is fantastic to have these outstanding facilities on site and reduces the need for pupils to travel into Great Yarmouth to access sports accommodation.
“I would like to thank everyone across the Great Yarmouth area for their help and support with this project.”
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 6 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 7 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Parking ban outside town centre church looks set to be reversed
There are currently more than 100 children and young people aged four to 19 with a range of special needs at the school that cannot be catered for in mainstream education.