The Princess Royal will be the guest of honour at the official opening of a sports facility for children with special needs in Caister.The ceremony, on February 6, is the culmination of a £750,000 fundraising campaign for the sports hall at John Grant School.
The Princess Royal will be the guest of honour at the official opening of a sports facility for children with special needs in Caister.
The ceremony, on February 6, is the culmination of a £750,000 fundraising campaign for the sports hall at John Grant School.
Pupils started using the sports hall, named after a former chair of governors Trevor Ward, in September.
Head teacher Gerald Hampson said: “We are delighted that the Princess Royal will be opening our new sports hall.
You may also want to watch:
“It is fantastic to have these outstanding facilities on site and reduces the need for pupils to travel into Great Yarmouth to access sports accommodation.
“I would like to thank everyone across the Great Yarmouth area for their help and support with this project.”
- 1 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 4 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 5 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 6 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Driver reported after being caught with completely smashed windscreen
- 8 Where to watch fireworks for Bonfire Night in the borough
- 9 Driver shortage leads to timber pile up at harbour
- 10 Man caught with more than 2,000 indecent images of children he claimed he had found on a device
There are currently more than 100 children and young people aged four to 19 with a range of special needs at the school that cannot be catered for in mainstream education.