The Princess Royal will be the guest of honour at the official opening of a sports facility for children with special needs in Caister.The ceremony, on February 6, is the culmination of a £750,000 fundraising campaign for the sports hall at John Grant School.
The Princess Royal will be the guest of honour at the official opening of a sports facility for children with special needs in Caister.
The ceremony, on February 6, is the culmination of a £750,000 fundraising campaign for the sports hall at John Grant School.
Pupils started using the sports hall, named after a former chair of governors Trevor Ward, in September.
Head teacher Gerald Hampson said: “We are delighted that the Princess Royal will be opening our new sports hall.
You may also want to watch:
“It is fantastic to have these outstanding facilities on site and reduces the need for pupils to travel into Great Yarmouth to access sports accommodation.
“I would like to thank everyone across the Great Yarmouth area for their help and support with this project.”
- 1 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available
- 2 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
- 3 'Subtly creepy' man, 70, posed as teen to chat to 12-year-old girls
- 4 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 5 Riverside road closed after sinkhole opens up
- 6 Eyes down for bingo and bubbly as players toast their return
- 7 Mercedes badge or shooting star? Confusion over town's new light display
- 8 Norfolk high school appoints new principal after 'difficult year'
- 9 'Check your outbuildings' - Concern grows for missing 26-year-old
- 10 Missing man found safe and well in woodland near his home
There are currently more than 100 children and young people aged four to 19 with a range of special needs at the school that cannot be catered for in mainstream education.