Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- Credit: Archant
Santander customers across Norfolk and Waveney have been affected by technical problems that have hit the bank's mobile app and cashpoints.
The bank, which has branches in Norwich, North Walsham, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft, said it was working to response the outages.
A statement on the bank's website read: "We're sorry that a technical problem is affecting our services, our teams are working hard to fix it.
"You can access cash from other bank's ATMs and at the Post Office."
The bank said they had planned maintenance to its banking app overnight on Friday, but it is unknown whether that was related to today's problems. The bank has 14 million customers across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
They said on Twitter: "Our branch, telephone, online app and card services are down art this time and we are working to resolve these. Please do check our page for updates as to when this is fixed."
UPDATE: Santander said on Saturday at 6pm: “Our key services are recovering and coming back on stream. We continue to work on full recovery by the end of the day. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. No one will be out of pocket and from Monday we will make available via our website and social media channels details of how impacted customers can make a claim.”
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 Work continues on burst water main as lane closure remains
- 3 Woman in her 60s dies following Gorleston fire
- 4 Man with cerebral palsy hits Norfolk on 1,900 mile run
- 5 Government looks set to delay lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions
- 6 Traffic delays on major road due to burst water main
- 7 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 8 Flooded road causes disruption to bus services and drivers
- 9 Police and fire crews at house blaze next to hospital
- 10 Room with a dragon's view: Inside Norfolk's first wizard-themed hotel