Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- Credit: Anthony Carroll
A former nurse died at a Norfolk holiday park after taking painkillers for her long-term health problems, an inquest heard.
Sarah Plackett, 58, died at a holiday park in Caister on June 9, 2021.
The mother-of-two from Nottingham had been on holiday at the Haven Holidays-run site with her husband James who cared for her.
She had been taking medication for severe neck and back pain.
An inquest in Norwich heard Mrs Plackett had been forced to give up her career in 2012 due to an accident at work and suffered further injuries later on.
Summing up, Catherine Wood, assistant coroner for Norfolk, said: "She died as a consequence of drug toxicity from drugs she had been prescribed in the same combination for nearly two years."
She passed on her condolences to the family of Mrs Plackett.
- 1 Football club president is face known to thousand of Hippodrome fans
- 2 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 3 Plans to revamp Great Yarmouth town centre gather pace
- 4 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 5 PM's pledge over new hospitals, including James Paget, to be probed
- 6 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 7 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 8 Wimbledon hopes come to an end for Norfolk tennis ace
- 9 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 10 Rapid growth of farm shop proves value of business diversity
Paying tribute to his wife Mr Plackett said in a statement that it was "in her nature to put others before herself".