Stars from Game of Thrones are coming to Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Picture: Nick Butcher
A sci-fi festival is drawing a host of big names to Great Yarmouth.
The guest list includes stars of the medieval fantasy epic Game of Thrones, notably James Faulkner (Randyll Tarly), Toby Sebastian (A Prince of Dorne), and Fintan McKeown (Ser Amory Lorch).
Fans of all things other worldly can also mingle with writers, actors, and storytellers associated with the genre, including Gil Gerard, aka Captain Buck Rogers.
The promoters say: “Gil will be making one of his ultra-rare UK appearances for us this November at our brilliant new venue, also marking a very special 40 year anniversary of one of the defining sci-fi Shows of the 70s/80s, and film of the same name – we couldn’t be happier.”
SFW X Part 2 is bringing it’s “biggest line-up to date” to Vauxhall Holiday Park.
There will also be a range of bands and authors chiming with the horror/sci-fi theme, as well as activities for children.
Doctor Who assistant Sophie Aldred and Primeval actor Andrew Lee Potts are among household names taking part.
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 3 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 4 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 5 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 6 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 7 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 8 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 9 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 10 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
Author Dacre Stoker, great grand-nephew of Dracula author Bram Stoker, will be presenting a show Stoker on Stoker.
The weekend runs from October 31 to November 3.