Scope worker is a top learner
An award for learning success was yesterday due to be handed to charity shop worker Richard Trigwell.The 42-year-old volunteer at the Scope shop in Theatre Plain, Great Yarmouth, is undertaking a Level 2 NVQ in retail skills at Derby College which has named him learner of the month.
An award for learning success was yesterday due to be handed to charity shop worker Richard Trigwell.
The 42-year-old volunteer at the Scope shop in Theatre Plain, Great Yarmouth, is undertaking a Level 2 NVQ in retail skills at Derby College which has named him learner of the month.
Callum Stewart, his NVQ assessor at Derby, said: “Richard did so well completing his course despite the stresses from being unemployed. He completed well in time, and his work was to a very high level. He is a designated volunteer and an asset to the team in Scope, Great Yarmouth. He is the first learner to complete his course in Scope Great Yarmouth. He completed all his assignments on time, and completed all the work that I set him on his assessment plans. A star learner!”
Mr Trigwell said he was chuffed with the award after six months on the course, which had given him new insights into retail and the confidence to go for managerial posts elsewhere
You may also want to watch:
Over the six years he has volunteered at the store, the father of three has learned about all aspects of shop work from tidying rails and sorting donations to standing in for the manager.
He said he was proud to be doing such rewarding work for Scope, which helps cerebral palsy sufferers, adding: “We have a great bunch here and it is all for a good cause. I am really chuffed. I was not expecting that phone call to say I was learner of the month.”
- 1 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 2 Fashion boss treats Yarmouth auntie to Mercedes for 60th birthday
- 3 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 4 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 5 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 6 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 7 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 8 Public response 'phenomenal' as Yarmouth festival sold out
- 9 Public meetings to be held over 665-home bid
- 10 'People here know my name' - how crisis cafe is helping mental health
It is the first time that someone from Scope has won the accolade.