House fire in which woman died likely caused by faulty extension lead
- Credit: Archant
Police believe a house fire in which a woman died may have been caused by a faulty extension lead.
The fire happened at a bungalow in Beach Road in Scratby at 10.30am on Friday, January 28.
A woman, aged in her 90s, was found inside the property and was declared dead at the scene.
The woman's death is currently being treated as unexplained but at this stage it isn't believed to be suspicious.
A postmortem will be held in due course.
Police have been working with Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service to establish the cause of the fire, and initial findings suggest it was caused by a faulty electrical extension lead.
Neighbours spoke of their shock at the tragedy last week.
One described the woman as “ever so lovely and quiet".
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 3 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 4 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 5 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 6 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
- 7 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 8 Police to patrol high crime areas in resort for three straight days
- 9 Lifeboat launched to help stranded vessel that had lost power
- 10 BBC orchestra to play at Norfolk venue for the very first time
Another said: “It is a very sad day".