Seaside cafe bidding to sell alcohol to 'enhance dining experience'
- Credit: Google Maps
A seaside cafe is bidding to sell alcohol - but not the cheap stuff some people are looking for in large quantities.
Buddy's, at The Jetty in Great Yarmouth, is asking the borough council for permission to sell alcohol to "enhance the dining experience" for its customers from 9am to 10pm seven days a week.
The applicant says that while it will be looking to sell both on and off the premises the licence is primarily to enable people to enjoy a drink with food, adding: "The nature of the alcohol we intend to sell will not appeal to individuals looking to buy cheap alcohol in large quantities."
The operators add staff will be fully trained and CCTV will be in operation at all times.
Super-strength beers or ciders with an alcohol by volume (abv) level of 6pc or more will not be available.
You may also want to watch:
One person has raised concerns spanning litter and a possible change to the "family-friendly atmosphere", especially on summer firework nights.
The borough council's licensing committee is due to decide on the bid at its virtual meeting on Tuesday, May 4, at 10am.
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 7 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 10 £1.5m housing plan for failed former mental health hospital