Search continues for missing Sophie Smith
- Credit: Archant
A wide range search for missing Sophie Smith will take place today along Gorleston seafront and up to Hopton.
People are being asked to join in the search for the UEA student who is aged 21.
A post by Emma Gallagher said: “Meeting at Gorleston beach car park at 11am.
“Low tide is at 11.30am
“We need people who are generally fit, who can walk along the beach, up and down the cliffs, if safe to do so.
“Hopton Holiday Village will also be covered in the search.
“The group will then be divided into 2. one group to carry on searching the sea front, and the other to search Potters resort and the fields next to Potters all the way to Broadland Sands holiday park where we all will meet, to help search Broadland Holiday park.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 6 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 7 Council defends cost of £70 posy vases amid criticism
- 8 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 9 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 10 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
“I will need someone to lead one of the groups, as i will be doing the other.
“Appropriate clothing must be worn. The fields may be extremely muddy and wet.”
Sophie was last seen at 3am on Boxing Day leaving her home in Avondale Road in Gorleston. Police say she suffers from severe anxiety and depression and fear she may have gone into the sea.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts should call Norfolk police on 101.