Seashore Holiday Park launches new wheelchair accessible caravan
- Credit: Archant
Seashore Holiday Park held an opening event to launch a new wheelchair accessible caravan.
The caravan at the park on North Drive was made possible by the Holiday Homes Trust charity.
The event was attended by Malcolm Bird, the mayor of Great Yarmouth and his wife Donna, together with members of local scout groups and staff and volunteers from the Holiday Homes Trust.
A spokesman for the trust said: “Without our help some families would not be able to afford a holiday at these popular Holiday Parks as our prices are lower than that of the parks for a disabled caravan.
“Also, without the wheelchair access a lot of disabled people are unable to have a holiday in a caravan.
You may also want to watch:
““The feedback we have received from families with a disabled member has been very positive and they frequently mention that without us they would not have been able to have had a holiday.”
One person who used the new caravan but preferred not to be named said: “The accommodation was excellent, really spacious and so easy for my disabled sister in the shower room.”
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 3 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 4 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 5 Police close probe into 'terrifying' Armani armed robbery
- 6 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 7 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 8 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
The Holiday Homes Trust is a national charity dedicated to providing self catering caravan accommodation. They cater for people with a disability, illness and low or single-income families.
The trust has eight caravans on eight popular UK holiday parks around the coast.
For further information on the parks and locations plus prices visit www.holidayhomestrust.org/