Seasonal employment higher than the same point a year ago in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
The number of people out of work across the borough has fallen sharply.
Compared to June last year, unemployment has fallen by 22.9pc. There are also 275 more people in work this month compared to April this year.
The fall has been even more dramatic for younger people aged 18-25, with 36pc fewer out of work compared to the same point a year ago.
Figures show that there were 85 fewer young people claiming job seeker’s allowance, leaving 255 without a job.
The total number of people in the Great Yarmouth area out of work stands at 1195.
Julia Nix, Job Centre Plus district manager for East Anglia, said it was a good time for Yarmouth.
“It is really great for Great Yarmouth,” She said: “I feel the labour market is strong and buoyant.”
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 3 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 4 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 5 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 6 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
- 7 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 8 Police to patrol high crime areas in resort for three straight days
- 9 Lifeboat launched to help stranded vessel that had lost power
- 10 BBC orchestra to play at Norfolk venue for the very first time
She added that she felt the situation was more upturn than downturn.