Secretary of state in Yarmouth today
A SENIOR government minister will be visiting Great Yarmouth this afternoon.Ed Balls, secretary of state for education, will be visiting Yarmouth High School, which was recently awarded �12.
A SENIOR government minister will be visiting Great Yarmouth this afternoon.
Ed Balls, secretary of state for education, will be visiting Yarmouth High School, which was recently awarded �12.4 million for a rebuild and refurbishment programme as part of the Government's �800 million Building Schools for the Future initiative.
Yarmouth MP Tony Wright said: “I am delighted that Ed is coming to visit Great Yarmouth. I am especially pleased that Ed and I will be viewing the progress being made at Yarmouth High since it was awarded �12.4 million by this government's Building Schools for the Future programme.
“It is continued investment such as this that ensures that the children of Great Yarmouth and indeed the whole country, have high quality facilities in which to enjoy their education, and I very much look forward to the visit.”
You may also want to watch:
The Building Schools for the Future programme is the biggest sustained period of school building since Victorian times, and by July of this year more than 4,000 schools will have been built or redeveloped.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 6 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 7 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say