Sex attack on Yarmouth woman
A 43-year-old woman was grabbed and pushed against a wall during a sexually motivated attack on New Year's Day in Great Yarmouth.The incident happened at around 8.
A 43-year-old woman was grabbed and pushed against a wall during a sexually motivated attack on New Year's Day in Great Yarmouth.
The incident happened at around 8.25pm in Steam Mill Lane close to the junction with Bridge Road and Haven Bridge.
The 43-year-old victim had been walking home from the town centre prior to the attack.
She had been accompanied by a male friend who walked with her away from the centre across Haven Bridge and into Mill Road.
The two came across a group of youths outside a convenience store in Mill Road. The group were believed to have been males aged in their late teens.
After speaking with the group the victim parted company with her friend and decided to retrace her steps alone back along Mill Road toward Bridge Road. She was attacked only minutes later.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 3 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 4 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 5 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 6 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 7 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 8 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Work under way on Yarmouth's new enterprise hub
- 10 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
It is believed the attacker may well have sustained bruising or a cut under his right eye.
Police would like to speak to a man described as being in his late 30s, of medium build, around 6ft tall with dark hair. He wore a dark hooded jacket, jeans and white trainers with a blue Nike tick. He had a local accent.
Anyone with information in relation to the incident should phone DI Matt Sharman at Norfolk police on 0845 4564567 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.