Sex attack on Yarmouth woman
A 43-year-old woman was grabbed and pushed against a wall during a sexually motivated attack on New Year's Day in Great Yarmouth.The incident happened at around 8.
A 43-year-old woman was grabbed and pushed against a wall during a sexually motivated attack on New Year's Day in Great Yarmouth.
The incident happened at around 8.25pm in Steam Mill Lane close to the junction with Bridge Road and Haven Bridge.
The 43-year-old victim had been walking home from the town centre prior to the attack.
She had been accompanied by a male friend who walked with her away from the centre across Haven Bridge and into Mill Road.
You may also want to watch:
The two came across a group of youths outside a convenience store in Mill Road. The group were believed to have been males aged in their late teens.
After speaking with the group the victim parted company with her friend and decided to retrace her steps alone back along Mill Road toward Bridge Road. She was attacked only minutes later.
- 1 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 4 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 6 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 7 Road shuts in Great Yarmouth after crash involving two cars
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Woman suffers fatal heart attack in ambulance outside Paget
- 10 'How can they do this to mum' - Anger as 87-year-old dumped at care home
It is believed the attacker may well have sustained bruising or a cut under his right eye.
Police would like to speak to a man described as being in his late 30s, of medium build, around 6ft tall with dark hair. He wore a dark hooded jacket, jeans and white trainers with a blue Nike tick. He had a local accent.
Anyone with information in relation to the incident should phone DI Matt Sharman at Norfolk police on 0845 4564567 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.