Investigations ongoing after woman sexually assaulted while waiting for bus
- Credit: Google
Investigations are continuing after two women were allegedly sexually assaulted on the same day.
The first incident took place at around 4.30pm on Monday, March 25, where a woman in her 60s was waiting for a bus in Beccles Road, Great Yarmouth.
She is thought to have been approached by a man who then touched her inappropriately.
The second occurred sometime between 4.45pm and 5.15pm on the same day on Church Lane in Gorleston, when a man tried to touch a woman, aged in her 40s, before punching her in the head.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said investigations were ongoing.
A man in his 20s was arrested in connection with the incident, but, was later released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed similar incidents in and around the areas.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 3 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 4 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 5 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 8 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 9 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Rachel Houghton at Great Yarmouth Police Station on 101 quoting reference 36/20125/19.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.