Shed ruined by blaze
A SHED was reduced to ashes at the weekend following a fire in a garden at a home in Great Yarmouth. The shed blaze broke out in the back garden of a property on South Market Road in the early hours on Sunday and was luckily spotted by a neighbour who raised the alarm.
A SHED was reduced to ashes at the weekend following a fire in a garden at a home in Great Yarmouth.
The shed blaze broke out in the back garden of a property on South Market Road in the early hours on Sunday and was luckily spotted by a neighbour who raised the alarm.
Clive Jenner, 38, was playing computer games shortly before 6.30am when he heard a loud crackling sound coming from outside.
He said: “I popped out into my garden only to find half of my neighbour's shed was ablaze. I ran indoors and called the fire brigade, then made 10 trips out with buckets of water and threw it over my shed which was starting to catch fire.”
You may also want to watch:
The blaze had spread to the fence and onto Mr Jenner's own shed.
Within minutes two fire engines from the town arrived on scene and extinguished the blaze using hose reel jets.
- 1 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 2 Norfolk boxer turns pro after winning fight against bullies
- 3 New £14m special education school opens after two-year build
- 4 Land 'on fringe' of popular Norfolk village set for auction
- 5 'I want to help as many people as I can' - Caister student's song for mental health
- 6 Norfolk man wins electric motorcycle worth £12,000
- 7 Great Yarmouth's Portuguese residents' share love for 'second home'
- 8 Abba and Beyoncé bottomless brunches coming to Norfolk venue
- 9 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area
- 10 Apartment blocks close to seafront set for auction
The fire took 20 minutes to put out.
A big part of Mr Jenner's garden was also damaged by the fire.
He said: “I was very angry. I built the shed and fence myself.”
It is not known what caused the fire.