Shopping vouchers offered for STI test
YOUNG adults who take a quick and easy chlamydia test will be given a �5 shopping voucher.The vouchers are available to any 15 to 24-year-old who takes one of the online tests.
YOUNG adults who take a quick and easy chlamydia test will be given a �5 shopping voucher.
The vouchers are available to any 15 to 24-year-old who takes one of the online tests.
Health bosses at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney and NHS Norfolk's are keen to increase the number of males and females screened as part of their Are You Getting It? campaign.
Commissioning manager for substance misuse and sexual health Allison Chaplin said: “We have launched the website for anyone who would like a test - and the �5 voucher - can be ordered through the site.
You may also want to watch:
“It is believed one in 12 people have chlamydia and the test is really quick and easy to do. The test is just weeing in a pot, taking a tiny sample and posting it back to us.”
Within the Norfolk and Waveney area there are 116,000 15 to 24-year-olds and the first 1,000 who take the test will be given the voucher.
- 1 Weekly fireworks making 'spectacular' return to seafront
- 2 TV presenter Stephen Mulhern spotted filming pop-up game show in Yarmouth
- 3 Appeal to find missing man from Gorleston
- 4 Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- 5 Drone images show devastation caused by holiday centre fire
- 6 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 7 Missing man from Gorleston found
- 8 Yarmouth police officer admits seven child porn offences
- 9 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 10 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
Chlamydia is often undetected because of a lack of symptoms associated with the sexually transmitted infection.
It can lead to a condition known as pelvic inflammatory disease which can cause infertility in women.
Ms Chaplin added: “Chlamydia can be caught not just through penetrative sex but sexual touching.
”Chlamydia is the most common sexually transmitted infection in the UK today, but around 70pc of young men and 50pc of young women will not have any symptoms.”
NHS Norfolk's Sexual Health Commissioning Manager Julie Hughes said: “We are also encouraging people to take a chlamydia test every year or when changing sexual partners, just to be on the safe side.
“The kit and the test are free, it's really simple to do and apart from the chance to win a voucher you are giving yourself peace of mind.”
The test kits can also be ordered by texting screen to 80010 or by phoning 01603 221830. Callers will also be able to find out how to pick up a pack in person.
However, only those using the website www.areyougettingit.com are eligible to receive a shopping voucher.