Sign up call to residents
A BID by Gorleston residents to manage their own housing estate took a step closer this week.Halfway House Tenants and Residents Association registered as a limited company in the next stage towards achieving self-management.
A BID by Gorleston residents to manage their own housing estate took a step closer this week.
Halfway House Tenants and Residents Association registered as a limited company in the next stage towards achieving self-management.
Under right to manage residents can take over responsibility for services traditionally provided by the council, becoming a tenant management organisation.
The association is seeking to increase its membership by inviting all residents on the estate who are over 18 to sign up as members.
You may also want to watch:
The next meeting is being held at Claydon Pavilion Community Centre, Suffolk Road at 6pm on Tuesday, March 24.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Covid jab centre receives additional vaccination stocks
- 8 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 9 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'